Prayer for Strength and Guidance

Written by Gail Rodgers

Do you feel that all your strength is gone and you feel hopeless? We would love the opportunity to pray for you.

Join us for our Daily Devotional Chat today in our Women’s Chatroom at 10:30am EST.

Today lean hard on this promise from our living Lord God!

“The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame…” (Isaiah 58:11).

Prayer to action this in my life:

Father God,
Thank you that You have promised the Lord will guide me always, not just when I am up and on track, but always. Today I lean hard on that and ask You to continue to show me the way to walk. Father, sometimes I feel like a sun-scorched land…but You promise to meet my needs even there. Today I acknowledge I need You. I am parched and I look to You to give me emotional strength… spiritual insight… and physical stamina. You even promise to strengthen my frame. Thank you Father that Your tender care encompasses all of me. Help me to draw on that today and to praise You for it!
In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Questions: Tell us how have you experienced the promise that God made to “satisfy your needs”?

About the Author Gail Rodgers

106 Responses to “Prayer for Strength and Guidance”

• Chris says:

Dear jesus….i lift up jessica to you, her heart and her marriage, that you would come and console her and bring relief to her mind as you move upon her husband to bring true unity in your spirit and words. set jessica up on high above these circumstances according to Psalm 25 and 27 i pray in jesus name amen!

• sharon says:

I will pray for u I have been through this my self and God brought me through it prayer really works

• Jessica says:

I am in dire need of prayers, I feel so lost and lonely in my marriage. I don’t want to seek comfort from the world. I am overwhelmed with sadness and depression. I came across this page searching for strength and hope. I hope God hears my prayers.

• Doris Beck Doris Beck says:

I will definitely pray for you and your family.

Dear God,
    Thank you that Janet has asked for prayer in her family’s dire situation. You have promised to meet all of our needs so I ask that You would provide for them, for her husband, for the medical bills and the other financial stresses in their lives. Lord, You know their situation…..Would you please show yourself to them? Amen.

Janet, if you would like ongoing prayer in your situation, you can contact a Prayer mentor who will respond to your request and keep in touch with you. Just fill in the form on this page….

• Janet says:

I need prayers for myself and family of need my husband got in a accident and the other driver gave him all fake information and is now responsible for all medical bills. And we are behind in mortgage I need strength ?

• Doris Beck D. Beck says:

I would love to pray for you and your family.

Dear Heavenly Father,
    I lift up Andriana to You today and ask that You would teaching her how to learn to tell the truth in love and deal with conflict in a loving manner. Lord, all of us need to learn how to do this and I pray that You would help her to allow Your Holy Spirit to guide her in all of her relationships, but especially with her fiance and her family. Bless and encourage her today. Amen.

Fear of confrontation isn’t something that is isolated to you Andriana. Many of us bring that fear into our marriages and we need to learn how to openly communicate about issues and our point of view. The earlier you can learn to do that in your relationship with your fiance and your family the better for all of you! :-)

Here’s an article you may want to read about resolving conflicts with arguing,

If you would like further prayer, you can contact a prayer mentor who will respond to your request and keep in touch with you.