Spark A Conversation Video provided by: Josh McDowell Ministry
You know to impact children with the positive values to change their lives, we need to spend time with them. What I’m trying to say is in that time you spend with them be creative. I always wanted to do things, I’d learn more about my child, how they think, how they feel, how they perceive things.
And here is a game you can do, you can do it anywhere—around the table, driving to school, on vacation anything. I call it the ‘if I’ game. If I, and then something, what would you do?
Here are a couple of questions you can use:
- If I could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
- If I had a million dollars how would I spend it?
- If I could ask God one question, what would it be?
- If I had a wishing rock, I would wish…
- If I were daddy (or mommy) of the family, I would…
But the issue is this: when you spend time with your children, be creative. Don’t be lazy. It takes effort to be creative, and draw from other people. Ask other fathers how they do it, and if it works with them then you do it. And it’ll work with your kids.
New to this series? Watch the introduction video here
Are you having trouble communicating with your children?