Great Quotes on GOD
- Everyone who believes in God at all believes that he knows what you and I are going to do tomorrow. ~ C. S. Lewis
- Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. ~ Winston Churchill
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- Truth fears no trial. ~ Proverb
- The state of your heart dictates whether you harbor a grudge or give grace, seek self-pity or seek Christ, drink human misery or taste God’s mercy. ~ Max Lucado
- The more we love God the more we will obey. The more we obey the more we will be aware of the reality of Christ in our lives. The more we are aware of Christ in our lives, the more victory we will experience. The more victory we experience, the less difficult the choices are and the less conflict we have within ourselves. ~ Norma Becker
- The more we depend on God the more dependable we find He is. ~ Cliff Richard
- Through the clouds of midnight, this bright promise shone, I will never leave thee, never leave thee alone.
- What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer. ~ Joseph Scriven
- If God is your partner, make your plans BIG! ~ D.L. Moody
- Only God can fully satisfy the hungry heart of man. ~ Hugh Black
- The world will never starve for want of wonders. ~ Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Beauty is God’s handwriting. ~ Charles Kingsley
- Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man. ~ Rabindranath Tagore
- I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- The universe is centred on neither the earth nor the sun. It is centred on God. ~ Alfred Noyes
- Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. ~ Thomas Jefferson
- If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don’t like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself. ~ St Augustine
- The worship most acceptable to God comes from a thankful and cheerful heart. ~ Plutarch, c A.D. 100
- Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world with grateful hearts, and no one to thank. ~ Christina Rossetti, 1830 – 1894
- There are three stages in the work of God: impossible, difficult,done. ~ James Hudson Taylor
- We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God. ~ St. Francis De Sales
- God knows the secret plan of the things he will do for the world, using my hand. ~ Toyohiko Kagawa
- Without the Way there is no going; without the Truth there is no knowing; without the Life there is no living.
~ Thomas A Kempis
- If you have anything really valuable to contribute to the world, it will come through the expression of your own personality – that single spark of divinity that sets you off and makes you different from every other living creature. ~ Bruce Barton
- EXPRESSIONS Look without! Behold the beauty of the day, The shout of color to glad color, rocks and trees, and sun and seas, and wind and sky: All these are God’s expression, art work of His hand, which men must love ere they can understand. ~ Richard Hovey
- We should think of the church as an orchestra in which the different churches play on different instruments while a Divine Conductor calls the tune. ~ William R. Inge
- God’s gifts put man’s best dreams to shame. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Is your place a small place? Tend it with care; He set you there.
Is your place a large place? Guard it with care! He set you there.
Whate’er your place, it is not yours alone, but his Who set you there. ~ John Oxenham
- I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~ George Washington Carver
- To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; To seek him, the greatest adventure; To find him, the greatest human achievement. ~ Raphael Simon
- Most of us wait until we’re in trouble, and then we pray like the dickens. Wonder what would happen if, some morning, we’d wake up and say, “Anything I can do for You today, Lord?” ~ Burton Hillis
- Our God is at home with the rolling spheres, and at home with broken hearts. ~ M. P. Ferguson
- If God shuts one door, he opens another. ~ Irish Proverb
- All that God requires of us is an opportunity to show what He can do. ~ A.B. Simpson
- God never uses a person greatly until He has wounded him deeply.
- The privilege He offers you is greater than the price you have to pay. The privilege is greater than the price.
~ Helen Roosevere, April 13, 1993
- We remain such creeping Christians because we look at ourselves instead of Christ. ~ George McDonald
- Holiness is doing God’s will with a smile. ~ Mother Teresa