How to Pray God’s Promises

Written by Sikelelwa Venfolo

I have learned that the power of prayer is amazing. A prayer can break strongholds. When you pray earnestly, everything you ask that is according to God’s will comes to pass. I have broken chains of evil through prayer and I believe with all my heart that no evil shall follow me but goodness and mercy. Prayer is my communication with God.

Psalm 124 paints a beautiful picture of the power of prayer:

“If the Lord had not been on our side—let Israel say—if the Lord had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away. Praise be to the Lord, who has not let us be torn by their teeth. We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler’s snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”

I cannot stress enough how important is prayer in a person’s life.

Prayer and God’s promise

One powerful way to pray is to find a scripture in the Bible and remind God what He said about you. You can pray, “God you said I am blessed and cannot be cursed, God you said your favor is not for a season but for a life time.” When you can say, “God you said” all heaven comes to attention. God is faithful to His Word.

The scripture does not say put God in remembrance of our problems but in remembrance of His promise. (Isaiah 62:6) Sometimes we use prayer to complain.  I do not have to tell God my problems, as He already knows what I am going through. He knows every need, every concern. Do not turn a prayer into a pity party.

Praying for change

If you want to see things change, if you want God to turn things around, find a promise you can stand on. Instead of complaining say, “God you said when the enemy comes in my way you will defeat them. You said you would supply all of my needs according to your riches. You said you are Jehovah and the Lord my provider. You said you would fight my battles, you said what is meant for my harm you will use and turn it for my advantage.” Put God in His remembrance of His promise to bring it to pass.

When you pray the promises instead of the problems not only will it change your attitude from a victim to a victor, but also God’s Word coming out of your mouth is powerful. When God hears His Word coming out of you He dispatches angels with the answers, He sets miracles into motion and He will begin to change things.

It may not happen overnight but stay in faith and keep reminding God what He promised you day in and day out. Instead of complaining say, “God you said”. Instead of begging say, “God you said”. Instead of describing the circumstances say, “God you said”. If you get in a habit of praying God’s promises back to Him, you will see God at work in your life. His Word and all of His promises are yes and Amen.

What do you need to pray about today?

Submit your prayer requests and a mentor will pray for you
Learn how to pray effectively
Practice: Take this exercise on victorious prayer

483 Responses to “How to Pray God’s Promises”

• Moses says:

My spiritual foundation is not good,I’m from a cult Christianity or religion system family,now I want to be broken off the system please.

• Simon says:

Is there anyone on the sick bed right now, I command the healing power of God upon you right now; you shall not die with that sickness, you shall not take that sickness to the new year in the name of Jesus. I command you to stand up from that bed in Jesus name and be healed and made whole !

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Greetings everyone

I would like to take this opportunity and wish everybody a merry Christmas and pray that we all celebrate the birth our Lord and Saviour in a BIG WAY. I would like to share with you my short film titled “How to let God Manifest in our lives in a BIG WAY” available on youtube http://youtu.be/FYW3PXuTe_M

God bless you all.

• jimmy says:

I have an x employee who filed a faults hit and run police report today in aztec n m and my employee was shocked because he was at a different location when the report was made. We new it was are x employee because she is the only one who new the truck # AND THE license # OF our company trucks.The officer who took the report says he never made any personal contact with the caller it was all done by phone. Let us pray for these evil people that they will not continue in this manner anymore.

• Barbara Alpert Barbara Alpert says:

Hi Rebecca,

If you click on Sikelewa’s name located at the top of this article there you will find a link to her blog site.

God’s blessings be with you!

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Good day sisters and brothers in Christ

If you would like to find out more about what I do and my offers; you can visit my website http://www.godsloveandrelationships.com . My current offer is a guide titled “How to let God Manifest in our lives in a BIG WAY”.

• rebecca says:

sikelewa
    i need a link to your blog site, you know my email addy, thank you

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Frank,

Thank you for sharing about your spiritual journey and the deep frustration you are having. I don’t know exactly what God is up to in your life and why it seems that one bad thing is happening after another. But as you seek understanding and wrestle with God, telling him exactly how you feel just like King David did so much, I believe you ‘will’ see what God has been doing in your life. He is for you and not against you. One of your prayer requests can be answered this week. You have prayed for someone to help you. We have confidential and free email mentors. If you fill out this form: http://powertochange.com/experience/talk-to-a-mentor/ someone will respond in usually just a few days, ready to listen, encourage and pray for you, plus offer perspective if you wish. I recently read this really great article called “Confronting the lie: God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle.” http://natepyle.com/confronting-the-lie-god-wont-give-you-more-than-you-can-handle/ I think it could be useful for you to read. Take care, Frank. God is up to something good (and just in case you think that’s a platitude, you should know I’m speaking from the experience of seeing God’s faithfulness through a terrible season of my life). Blessings!

• Frank says:

I feel like God has been purposely been putting me through hardships in my life. I don’t know what I have done, or haven’t done. It seems like every time a have a small breakthrough, something comes along and takes it away. I’m continuously fighting an uphill battle. Every obstacle aside from cancer and death have seemed to be placed in my path. I’ve prayed beyond prayer. I’ve asked for wisdom, knowledge, understanding, direction, guidance, and anything else. I’ve tried to have faith through all that I have gone through. Tried to stay strong, but it’s hard to say you can stay faithful when you see no change in prayer and you have a feeling that God has abandoned you.

I’ve learned that nothing will get accomplished unless I do it on my own. People say keep the faith, but what faith can a man have when he sees no change in his life? They say God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. They he doesn’t give you more than you can handle. I do not believe in that, because he does. I’ve prayed and asked what am I doing wrong, what do I need to do, I’ve prayed for direction or even a sign to let me know I’m on the right path. I’ve prayed to put people in my life to help me understand the plan or just put a person in my life to give me any kind of understanding. To help me understand the Bible and things I was reading. Nothing. It’s been months of nothing. I’ve come to the conclusion that when the people say the devil is working against you a majority of it is God’s work against you.

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Festive Greetings

I would like to apologize for not being able to respond to all the posts and prayer requests and I would also like to thank the website delegates who have been responding to the comments and prayer requests. Thank you for taking time to read the article and visit my blog and let God minister to you in His desired manner. You are all in my prayers and I pray that you all have a blessed Festive Season. I love you all and God bless you!

• Barbara Alpert Barbara Alpert says:

Hi Barbara, thanks for providing the link to the passage of scripture that Sikelelwa quoted. Glad to hear that you enjoy the column and even shared it with others. Have a blessed day!

• Barbara Stapleton says:

It is NOT the AMP she quoted from, it is the NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+124&version=NIV
    I love this column and shared on FB. Thank you Sister Sikelelwa Venfolo

Hi Arthur, I appreciate your attention to detail. Actually I think Sikelelwa is quoting from the Amplified Bible which says, “I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who will never hold their peace day or night; you who [are His servants and by your prayers] put the Lord in remembrance [of His promises], keep not silence,” (Isaiah 62:6) You can see that ‘of His promises’ is in brackets which means it is an insertion of the translators and is not in the original Hebrew. Isaiah 62:6 is part of a powerful promise of the LORD’s restoration of Jerusalem. This verse is an admonition to the watchmen for a different task then what is normal. Usually the watchmen would be focussing on spotting the enemy, but these watchmen are watching for the LORD and calling out to Him continuously to fulfill His promise of redemption of Jerusalem. For us it is an instruction to look to God for His coming to restore us and fulfill HIs promises of life abundant.

• Arthur says:

In your how to pray section of your site. You said to bring God into remembrance and listed Isaiah 62:6. The scripture is actually Isaiah 43:26.

• Jodeline says:

Pray for me lately I’ve been having really bad dream at night. Waking up in the middle of the night crying, can’t go back sleep. It felt like some one is after me to kill me but of the name if Jesus I got out of it. God seing to be there with me every time and I asked god to watch over my families and friends because of god I’m blessed I’m always beat the evil n ran alway and starting to prays n thank god god for saving me from the bad dreams!!!!

Hi Erica, I am so sorry that it seems like God is mocking your prayers. I guarantee that He is not but when prayers go unanswered I know it can seem that way. First of all, let’s remember who God is: the Almighty Creator of all that is, unlimited in power, wisdom, love and purity. He is the sovereign God who has a perfect plan for your life and He knows better than anyone what you need. He is perfect in His unlimited attention on you and there is nothing that can break that.

So He knows what your situation is, He hears your requests, He is able to accomplish anything that He plans, He plans perfectly all that happens in your life, and He loves you perfectly and wants what is absolutely the best for you. Therefore, what is happening to you right now has a purpose. He does allow pain and suffering into our lives because through it He will accomplish something we could have never otherwise seen.

Can I suggest, that in your requests to God that you ask Him to accomplish what He wants for you? Ask that He help you to see what He wants to do in your life through this painful experience. Pray that He would change your perspective on your circumstances to see them the way that He does. Continue to be honest with Him and let Him know the sorrow that you feel and how it seems like He has abandoned you. But ask for His help in seeing how He is at work in your life right now because you know He has promised to never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrew 13:5)

Lord God, I pray for my sister and ask that You would bring comfort in the midst of her pain right now. Help her to know Your presence with her and to be strengthened in her trust in You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

• Shelley Shelley says:

Dear Father God.

Lord I lift up my sister to You at this time in her life, that she says she dose not hear YOU. Lord I pray that You will reveal Yourself to her, as she is seeking YOU. In Jesus Mighty name amen

• Erica says:

What is it when you do “put God in remembrance” and He still doesn’t protect you, answer your prayers, heal you? When your prayers are mocked? What is that? I wanted to give up on life today. I need God to help me to trust again.

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Gayathiri,

I don’t know the details of your situation or your culture. But I can sense from your comment that you are in great pain. I want to encourage you. There is a way to know that you will never be cursed by God. For those who have come to know Jesus personally (http://powertochange.com/discover/faith/discoverpurpose/) there is a Bible verse that promises this: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole” (Galatians 3:13). If you have given your life to Jesus, you ARE NOT under a curse. You’re situation may feel like a curse, and other people may speak badly to you, but God will have hope and good plans for you. I would also encourage you to journey with one of our free and private online mentors to talk things through and be encouraged in this hard season. Just click here to fill out the form if you want: http://powertochange.com/experience/need-prayer/

Take care. You are in my prayers!

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Jean, I know exactly what it’s like to feel the loss caused by family brokenness. I would love to pray with you: “Dear Jesus, you loved to greet the broken with open arms and lavish your compassion on them. And you also loved to call broken people to follow you so you could heal them and make their lives beautiful. I pray that you would do that in Jean’s family. Please give her persevering faith to keep trusting and praying. I pray for breakthrough and reconciliation and for you to also use the pain to draw her family closer to you. Amen.”

Take care!

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Simon. Thank you for the encouragement to the other readers and commenters on this article. We definitely need to confess the fullness we have in Jesus and look forward to the many ways he wants to bless us. But I just wanted to make sure that you weren’t trying to assure Gayathiri that her barrenness is easily fixed by saying some simple prayer of confession or faith. There were barren women in the Bible who cried out to have children. God gave some of them children, and others did not conceive. We can’t assume What God will do. I just wanted to make sure she doesn’t feel like it’s her fault for not having enough faith or knowing the right formula or words to pray. I don’t think that’s what you meant, but she might have interpreted it that way, which is why I’m commenting. Take care.

• Simon says:

You are IN CHRIST and NOT a curse ! He has given you AUTHORITY & POWER over all the forces of darkness and your superior to satan. Start confessing and declaring what you want to see or change, and remember He has blessed you in ALL things and given you everything pertaining to life and godliness.
    You are blessed, strengthened and lifted, there’s no barrenness in you, you are more than a conqueror, and have the life of God in you !!

• jean hallman says:

I am asking for prayer for my family. It is a serious situation that my God knows about, hearts are broken, children are confused and divorce is definetly coming and it is not nice. much bitterness and anger. My heart is broken for the family. I know there is power in prayer and there is power in the name of Jesus. The more prayers in agreement is appreciated.

• Gayathiri says:

Please pray for me to come out of this curse, to get pregnant and not to have any problem from work.

• Gayathiri says:

Please pray for me. I have so many problem.
    1. My own mother cursed me and my husband not to live together, I should be separate from him and live with her, not to have kids.

2. problem at the work place

3. try to get pregnant

• D says:

I m deaf from india. I request u to pray for permanent job and solve our loan and our friend who deal for two done of two deal to get victory this month of this year..pls pray with yr members

God bless you

• Sharon Sharon says:

dear samuel– praye–father God i do pray for financial breakthrough for this person i do pray for this peson who does own him and his money that this person would pay him for the last two years i pray for a miracle for samuel i pray all of this in JESUS name amen i am praying for you

• Samuel says:

My prayer request is that God should make somebody that is owning me my money to pay me now for the past two years now

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Josephine,

I’m sorry to hear that you are grieving the loss of your boyfriend. From reading your comments, I can see that you really love him and believe you are supposed to be with him. I don’t know what God’s will is (whether God thinks he is a good fit for you), but I do know this: that God loves you extremely much and wants to know you personally and intimately in the highs and the lows of life. If you want to talk to a confidential online mentor for prayer and encouragement, just click here: http://powertochange.com/discover/talk-to-a-mentor/ Also, if you want to be sure that you know God personally, this page explains clearly how you can do that: http://powertochange.com/discover/faith/discoverpurpose/ Take care.

• josephine says:

I trust in God and i believe all things are possible when we believe in him.

• josephine says:

Am so thankful for this site its has brought so much strength in me. Please pray for me my beloved bf has changed for no reason n he dont wanna talk to me. I know God changes n he will bring me back all ive lost because hes the Lord of mercy. I believe in him i Will have my Bf Edward back in jesus name.

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Sharon,

I’m so happy that you found this article and this site. Your letter is not a burden to us and it is not lost among all of the messages. I admire your perseverance and I believe that only the Holy Spirit has the right to tell you how long you should keep hoping and praying for restoration.

I would love to pray for you: “Lord, Thank you so much for this special daughter of yours. Keep on filling her with your strength and power to endure this hardship. Jesus, you were rejected by many; you completely understand how she might be feeling. Please wrap her in your arms until she feels that your love for her really is enough. I also pray for Aaron, that you would bring conviction to his heart. Bring him to the end of his rope in your loving discipline so he may cry out to you in repentance, leave that woman and seek reconciliation with his family. Amen”

Sharon, we have confidential email mentors. If you fill out this short form: http://powertochange.com/experience/talk-to-a-mentor/ you can have one of them walk and pray with you through this difficult time. And this is actually a first for me. I haven’t ever told a commenter on this site this: but I think you might be awesome at mentoring other people through our ministry. You don’t have to be healed yet. How you’ve walked with God so intimately and with such forgiveness of others through this means you have a lot to offer other hurting people. Plus, it would routinely force you (as you respond to one or two emails a week), to use your hurt to bless others in effective ministry (which would bring you a lot of joy). If you’re interested, go to this site to check out a video: http://powertochange.com/itv/spirituality/become-a-mentor/ Take care, Sharon. Keep on fighting the good fight!

• sharon says:

first i would like to say thank God for you and that your page is such a blessing to me and walk. I prais the name of Jesus that he lead me to is as my tears fall like rain, may his blessing always fall heavey apon your menstery and life and your church, and family again I thank you for being his sirvent and my sister in the lord. I would like to ask you with a humbel heart to pray for my husband Aaron and my marriage to be restored. I love God with all my heart, I am so thankful to be his child and your sister. I live in Muncie Indiana. God bless you and please know that you are a blessing to my life. I would like to share my story with you, I know you must be very bissy so I will not take to much of your time. hqwever I pray that you will read my letter I am feeling so tired.
    i am standing on Gods word for my marriage. Its has been the hardest thing Ive been through in my life and walk with the Lord, but I am thankful at the same time because it has brought me closer to Jesus then I ever was, and i know that my husband will come back to me as God is not a man that he could lie. God will restore the years that have been stolen in our marriage. I have been married twenty three years and the last two my husband has been back and forth with a much younger woman. However I know he is deceived and backslide when I told the lord that I love my husband for better or worse I didnt say well Lord as long as everything goes my way then and only then will I stay in this marriage. yes I have my days on top of the mountan and my days in the valley. I am looked on by people in the world and in the church as week, however that is far from true it takes great strength to stand on Gods word for your marriage, to take God at his word to keep asking when everyone around you thinks its hopeless. the girl has been very mean to me said every hurtful thing she could come up with time after time. however our father is so great not only has he made a way for me to forgive her over and over. I pray for her not just that God would turn her heart from my husband but hat he would save her that no harm would come to her, and that she would never know my pain. I also pray day and night with out ceasing for my husband to come to himself and return to his first love Jesus that he would know what is good and true and be set free from bondage. what is really sad to me is that many Christians give the same advise as the world gives move on find another man, my reply is always the same show where Jesus said that in his word. many people say thy want to be like Jesus until thy are called to be. I ask God most days to make me the wife he wants me to be and I remind myself that love covers a multude of sin, and love is not just a word is is a way of life when we look to Jesus and that God said he made us one so many time when I pray I ask God to to set me free from the other woman and to bring me home to him and my wife, we just have got to get to a place where we rely belive Gods word and live like we do. i am thankful for your site and I am thankfull I came across it tonight becouse, so many times people say just thank God and be happy thy say where is your joy, the thing is when your husband is in the world and was once a man of God and you are one with him, you have a berden and a berden dose not meen joy. all my hope is in God I know all I can do is to keep it before him, untill he brings Aaron back to himself and me his wife. God bless you and I give you thanks from my heart. God bless you in Jesus name, please rember me you must get hundreds of letter, so I am also praying you recive mine and please please pray

• Michael Jantzen M. Jantzen says:

Hello Unknown,

Thank you for opening up to share your prayer requests. “Lord God, I pray that you would reveal your love and truth to both sons so they can know you personally. I also pray that you would give Unknown grace and perseverance to keep on showing compassion in the middle of his/her son’s struggle with sexual identity. Amen.”

If you want to talk about things in more detail and receive more prayer, we have confidential online mentors. Just click here to see the short form to fill out. http://powertochange.com/experience/talk-to-a-mentor/ Take care!

• unknown says:

Please pray for salvation for both my sons. The eldest one claims to be gay. Please help me pray for the salvation of God and that both of them will follow Jesus Christ with everything in them. Every breath, every step, every word, ect.

• Simon says:

A King had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to him; My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes. One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn’t prevent his majesty from losing a finger. Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, ‘despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong’. Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his servant. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, God is Good & Perfect. Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn’t have one finger in place, he was released because he was considered not “complete” to be offered to the gods. On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I have no missing finger. Everything God does is perfect, He is never wrong. Often we complain about life, and the negative things that happen to us, forgetting that everything happens for a purpose. God knows why you are reading this message today, God is good and perfect!!!

• rebecca says:

everybody chris, how you doing,

me im believeing all is well, i am praying and i go about my day, with a nutshell,
    in a nutshell it comes down to according to the word of god, and god watches over his word to perform it, i can have what i say, jesus is interceeding for us and he is the high priest of my confessions,

i am blessed, i am not cursed, i am blessed in my body,blessed in my mind,blessed in my spirit,blessed materialy,blessed in all of my relatonship, i am blessed and not cursed by satan,

• k;aas jacob says:

Yes it is sukkot now the feast of the tabernakels tomorow i build a sukkah { a hut}
    Butiam mesianic jew but there is nobody who looking after me . Even my wive is going her own way . I have not a klik with her anymore . We live on moral standerd and fincial presher. Iam a singer was on the national tv. But a lot oftroubles.
    It looks that God noet hear my prayers . i need prosperity and inner healing in my marriage . I bothering longtime now shalom klaas jacob email: [it is our policy not to publish personal contact information]

• rebecca says:

chris
    earlier this morning at 7.20 i woke up after a restless night, sitting on our back porch,with a cup of coffee and smokeing a ciggerette, yes i smoke, my daughter dose not allow me to do so in the house, this is her house,
    and of course it is chilly as our weather is quickly changeing, it is a wet type even if not raining.
    im sitting there tired from my night, trying not to think of things going on or not going on,
    thinking about what to say to god,
    and i thought of what i said yesterday, nutshell, those that i know of are small, contain a small seed, and not many in that shell,
    a lot of words have gotton to be too much for me for some reason, and the word transformed came to my mind, i said to myself, yeah totaly transformed,physcialy,mentally and spiritualy is what i need to be,
    plain and simple, those are so few words, to say thruout a persons day,
    which is exactly what i am going to do,
    father god, thank you that by your power i am being continuesly transformed, physicaly, mentaly, spiritualy,

and then my next thought was that is what chris needs to say for himself,
    so here i am writeing this,

all this gobbly gook,.hole in the pit, feeling bad about all things in the past months, has practially stoped me from praying for anybody other than trying to pray for myself,
    many words, to many words trying to cover all basis,
    it came to mind that when jesus did something, he was a man of few words,
    the rest of his words, were thoughts and concepts and truth, to gets ud to understand what he was saying, the same goes for the written word of god in our bible,
    so my main prayer has now been whittled down, and is do-able, it is concise, it is truth, in the thoughts and concepts of the word of god,
    everybody you are blessed with all the blessing of god in all of your and the ways of almighty god, who is most able to do what he says he can do for you and for me, have a beautifull day,

• rebecca says:

chris

you need to go back and read the old post from all of us, i have related a lot of my life thru them, my mom died 1993, my husband 2001, a greatgrandson 7 years old,along with his mother and her mother in a car accident 5 years ago, a brother 5 years ago, my sister last october, an uncle this past july, ive a brother going to have heart surgery, hes on a trip right now with his wife, he put the surgery off till he gets back,hes tall but weighs 300 lbs, was this a bucket list for him,
    ive 3 neighbors, friends, one family her sister is dying of cancer, the other family, her aunt has cancer,she dosent know what stage yet, or so the aunt is saying,this ladys husband brother committed suiucide year and half ago,
    the other family, she is diabetic, and struggling.the last 2 familys are related, these are all christian people, who belive in god,
    my oldest daughter is going to a gastritist doc, to figure out whats wrong with her stomach,thier going to do a sonagram, my youngest son has been drug free almost 2 years and alochol free a year and 4 months, hes still attending church and still in the church band, he has lost out on 4 real good jobs on account of his court background, dwi,s 1 domestic violence, driveing on suspended licence, missing court date, not paying fines, his license and fines have been cleared up 4 times in the course of time,and license reinstated and yes he is insured,
    i can remember what its like for a person to have normal feeling feet,and what it is like to have a good nights sleep, and wake up full of energy, and not have hurting hands, and to be busy all day, without getting to tired, or to lift heavy things so on and so forth,
    i am the oldest of my mothers children,im 71 , i know that someday i will not be here, i dont want to die but i know i dont want to live as i have or worse, i know where i will go when i do now isnt that an oxymoron,
    as according to normon greenbaums song, spirit in the sky, its an old old song, but a good one, another favoite of mine is house of the riseing sun, wipe out,
    old rugged cross, amazing grace, just as iam,
    ive told my children, when im gone and they hear one of these songs they will remember me,
    the words below here are what i just got thru saying to god, along with the prayer i posted late yesterday,

heavenly father, you created us in your image, before we were born you had a plan and purpose for each of us, you still do, i do not know what it was then nor what it is now, i would like to know tho, i did not ask you to invade and interveen in my life before 1980 nor on that last day in 1980, when i became a christian, a beliver,became a child of yours, became born again, became a new creature, and you gave me an ability to understand what your word is saying, which i did not have before that day, this means that you have the supernatural power to do anything, that your power is above any other power, IF you were real, you were the furthest thing from my mind, i wanted nothing to do with you, but you did it anyhow, granted i was not your worst sinner, but that is beside the point,
    you know the intents of my heart and the purposes that i do anything that i do or dont do, or think, you know my spirit, you know who i am.
    since 1980 my expection of you was and still is, that life would be better,that life would finally be okey, that there would be no more bad in it, i belived your word, did i get bogged down, oh yeah, more than not, im not saying all was bad, but there was more bad then good and to this very day,
    my great expection was of you and still is, do i feel like a neglected child of god, yes i have and do,
    then i prayed the prayer i posted yesterday,
    and when i pray that prayer tomorrow, it will be without the words i just said here,
    chris and everybody else you are blessed with all the blessing of almighty god and you are you not cursed by satan and his workers, they have no power or influence over you in any way, jesus is interceeding for you and and he is the high priest of yours and my confessions,

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Amen Rebecca!

• rebecca says:

chris

i believe you are always on our minds, and we do understand, all of us are at different levels,
    me ive been silent for quite awhile, with issues, and i am one of those issues, like a rose garden with the thorns.
    late this evening things became a bit better, at least in how i felt,
    things came to a nutshell in my thinking

we are created in the image of god, he had a plan for us and still has a plan for us,we are unique, i dont know what his plan was and i dont know what his plan now is,
    god almighty is our heavenly father, he is the father of jesus christ,
    jesus christ is the high priest of my confessions,jesus is ever interceeding for each of us, god watches over his word to perform it,and god will now watch over my words to perform them, according to the word of god i can be all that i am supposed to be and i can do all that gods word says i can do, god supplies all my needs each day, therefore i do not lack for any good thing, acording to gods words we are blessed and not cursed, therefore i am blessed in all my ways and those things and people that pertain to me, and those on my name list by almighty god and we are not cursed by satan and his workers in any way shape or form,according to gods word, do not touch gods annointed,i am all that god says i am and annointed is one of the many things that i am.
    i am praying this for myself and everybody on my list and you are on that list chris,

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Thank you Claire.

• Simon says:

i am joining my faith with yours, have you received the Holy Ghost? speak in tongues,speaks in tongues more and more, and mediatate on 1 John 4:4 and 1 John 5:4: you have overcome the circumstances of this world: you shall talk in this manner:” I have OVERCOME the world, I have OVERCOME the negativities of this world, I have OVERCOME the limitations , I have OVERCOME the fears, I have OVERCOME anger, I have OVERCOME anxiety, I have OVERCOME devils and demons, I have OVERCOME doubts, for GREATER is he that is in me than he that is in the world.. speak in tongues and agree with God’s word by confessing his word. Speak in speak speak, speak, in tounges and see what the Holy Ghost will do with your life and that of your family…. You are sitting in place of Authority, you are strong and not weak.

• Claire Colvin Claire Colvin says:

Good Morning,

This was a busy page over the weekend and I wanted to take a minute to talk to everyone.

First – Chris, I am glad that you told us what is going on and I am glad that you are still here. I urge you to find a counsellor or a crisis hotline like 1 800 SUICIDE to get some in person help for the very difficult circumstances you are dealing with. People here are praying for, we care about you and I do believe that you are here for a reason.

Kate – thank you for your comment and for praying for Chris, that is the very best thing you could do. I believe that prayer is powerful and effective and I was so pleased to see that you and others here are praying. Thank you for standing in the gap with Chris.

Rebecca – You are entirely correct. We do not allow people to contact each other through this site for the safety of all people involved. Belinda’s comment was out of line and I have removed it from the site.

Belinda claimed to have located Chris and unless she hacked our install of WordPress and is a better coder than our team of coders, that’s simply not possible. I think that when she said she “received his blog” she meant that she saw his comment here on our site. I am not aware of any blog of Chris’.

The desire to help that I’m seeing in all of you is truly wonderful. Often when a person is contemplating suicide it comes with a strong conviction that he is alone and powerless. Each one of you has shown Chris that he is not alone and while that on its own does not solve his problems, it is a step in the right direction. Thank you to each of you for your commitment to genuinely trying to help.

Chris – are you at all familiar with a site called postsecret.com? Each week people mail in secrets to man named Frank Warren and he posts a handful of them on his site each Sunday. A remarkable number of them deal with suicide – both from people who are in intense pain now and people who were suicidal and found a way back into their life. He lists a lot of suicide prevention information on his site. Some of the secrets can be a bit graphic, but a lot of people have found hope in his collection of secrets and I wonder if it might resonate for you as well?

He also lists a site https://www.imalive.org/ where there are trained crisis counsellors available for live chat 24/7.

Chris, you are always welcome here.
    Everyone else – thank you for praying, for commenting and for being to stand with Chris.
    Sikelelwa – thank you for writing such a powerful article.

• rebecca says:

BELINDA

WOW how did you manage to get a blog from chris, this site does not nor does it allow us to give out our email address, nor even ask what city another person lives in,
    i know i have been repremanded for doing so with chris,
    belive me if i knew how to find out where chris lived i would have contacted the police about him,
    to call us murders, and wish a plague upon our houses, whoa, well god will not answer that one,
    regardless god bless you and yours forever

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

God knows what is going on and we can only do what we can and leave the rest to Him. I pray that Chris you finally see what God is doing in your life and run to Him not from Him. God created you for a purpose, He loves you so much and He is not letting you die because He is not done with you. He still has great things for you and He is waiting for the day that your will could die so that His could rule and reign in your life. He didn’t create you to suffer, but to enjoy life to the fullest. I pray that you run to Him and seek deliverance in Him. God loves you Chris!

• Sikelelwa Venfolo Sikelelwa says:

Amen Simon! You said a mouthful.

• Simon says:

“IF CHRIST
    BE IN YOU…”

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory
    (Colossians 1:27).

The greatest thing that could ever happen to any human person is to know and have Jesus Christ in his life; He’s the solution to all problems, and answer to all questions. A man’s problems are “excusable” only if he doesn’t have Christ living in him; only then can his complaints and frustrations be “justified” If Christ is in you, you have no reason for failure in life: you have no excuse for defeat.
    Christ in you is not some imagination or fable; it’s a reality. 1 Corinthians 3:16 says, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” The Spirit of God, who is the conveyor of the blessings of God, and of all that’s been given to us in Christ Jesus, lives in you. Become conscious of this truth, and proclaim it all the time.
    Romans 8:10 gives us an idea of the supernatural impact of Christ in you: “And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin but the spirit is life because of righteousness.” This is awesome! It means that as one in whom Christ dwells, no sickness,disease or infirmity can ravage your body. Besides, even if your body has been bruised, broken or paralyzed by sickness, the Spirit will give it life—-revitalize it—because of righteousness. This brings to mind what Peter did when he encountered a certain man named Aeneas, who had been paralyzed for eight long years.
    In that condition of paralysis, Aeneas received the Gospel and believed in Jesus Christ. Peter looked at him, and all he said was, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ makes you well; get up”; and that was it! Aeneas was healed instantly by the power of God
    (Acts 9:33-34). Peter didn’t pray for him; why? He realized that Christ was all Aeneas needed. Christ in you, is your hope of health, success, strength, prosperity, progress and excellence.
    Christ in you means glory in your life!
    Blessed be God!

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
    1 John 4:4
    Philippians 4:13

1 John 4:4 (TLB)
    Dear young friends, you belong to God and have already won your fight with those who are againgst Christ, because there is someone in your hearts who is stronger than any evil teacher in this wicked world

1 John 4:4 (AMP)
    Little children, you are of God (you belong to Him) and have (already) defeated and overcome them (the agents of the antichrist), because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.

Philippians 4:13 (TLB)
    For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.

Philippians 4:13 (AMP)
    I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me (I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency).

PRAYER
    Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the grace and ability you’ve given me in Christ Jesus. I declare that by the ability of the Spirit that’s at work in me, I can do all things and walk in victory over unpleasant circumstances, in Jesus Name. Amen.

• Lori says:

Chris, It is like when our hearts are jumping our of our chest (that’s God); and we’re gate-keepers of our hearts. It says it in Proverbs. We can choose to open the gate or shut it. However; when my heart speaks to me (as yours must have been jumping around a lot that evening); we should really tune in. Get wisdom. Get direction. Get discernment… because God is so close during these times. Our hearts are the wellspring of LIFE (same scripture in Pro). Were you able to get direction as you prayed?… Thinking of you; In His Love, Lori