Below is a quick list of items to review a few days prior to the conference weekend. For questions or more information, please call 1-800-247-3180.
Two to three weeks before the conference weekend:
- Make child-care arrangements (if applicable).
- Plan for comfortable clothes, as you will be sitting for long periods of time.
- Bring a sweater or jacket (for cold ballrooms or inclement weather).
- Pack dressy clothes for Date Night.
- Make dinner reservations or plans for Date Night on Saturday.
Before Saturday night talk about what a date night at the conference looks like to you? Does it have to be romantic? If so, what does romantic look like to you?
Does it include:
- Going for a walk /hike
- Dinner out
- Playing a game
- Going through projects in the manual
- Going to the fitness centre
- Physical activity of some kind
- Getting spa treatments together
- Doing something that’s out of the regular routine such as…
- Photos of you together in different locations
- Read to each other
- Going to the pool and hot tub
One week before the conference weekend:
- Set goals as to what you would like to accomplish during the weekend (such as “establish better communication in our marriage.”)
- Pray for God’s favor on your time during the conference.
Day before the start of conference weekend (Thursday)
- Find copy of hotel reservation confirmation numbers for check-in on Friday night.
- Print out of directions to the hotel and/or restaurants in area.
- Get cash for coffee, drinks, and snacks during breaks.
First day of conference weekend (Friday):
- Bring reservation numbers and directions.
- Dress comfortably.
- Try not to argue with your spouse on the way to the conference.
- Start the conference with an open, willing spirit.