Fashion for the Over-40 Woman
Do you get frustrated trying to shop for something that doesn’t show your navel? They say women love to shop. Not this one! I am tired of hunting for clothes only to find short skirts and short tops. I was starting to wonder if anyone designed clothes for women over 17.
Shopping was one frustration after another until I learned a few tricks to make the most of the clothes that are available:
- Know which colors look best on you. Only look at clothes in those colors; this saves oodles of time!
- Know which styles look best on you. Forget about spending time and money on styles that don’t suit you!
- Build your wardrobe with mostly solid color fabrics. Add to it with a few patterned or striped articles to accent your outfits and keep up with today’s style.
- Buy long skirts or dresses and then have them shortened and hemmed to the length you feel most comfortable with.
- Buy shoes that have a heel, even if it is a low one – at least an inch. If you are more comfortable in a lower heel, start looking for those that are flattering and won’t kill your back.
- Wear shirts and blouses rather than sweaters. You will look fresher and more vibrant as sweaters easily lose their shape (and then we look like we’re losing our shape too!) Sweaters are often so casual they detract from the overall look.