The Season’s Best Sweaters
Keeping in step with the shifting seasons outside, you might have noticed that everything in the malls is changing too. We’re moving from the chiffons and lighter tones of summer to the thicker fabrics and deeper tones for fall.
The colors that are popular this season are taupe, charcoal gray, black, cinnamon, reds, cranberry, avocado, midnight blue, teal and wine. Bold, color block patterns are also popular for the fall, while soft and stretchy fabrics, like the French mohair blend, are essential.
Some things to look for when shopping this season:
- Angora sweaters, funnel neck sweaters and the stretch u-neck sweater all have a soft, snug fit.
- Hooded cardigans and v-necked cardigans come in different lengths and various colors.
- For ladies who want to show off their trim figures – try the ribbed stretch sweater.
- Sweaters are also appearing with horizontal or vertical stripes. Those with a bigger body structure should wear vertical stripes and those with smaller body structures should wear horizontal stripes for a fuller look. Many sweaters now also come with a single chest stripe.
- There is a blend of multicultural styles for clothing this fall, including European folklore, British plaids, Inuit Parkas and savage tribal wear. Look for chunkiness with a mix of texture.
Enjoy the changing beauty outside as you wrap yourself in the comfort of a cozy sweater.