Sometimes, changing a life can be as simple as offering a listening ear, a cup of clean water or a warm blanket.
Your life has the power to profoundly impact someone else’s. Help provide people in need with clean water, shelter, medical help and perhaps most importantly, hope.
“God used us to plant and water seeds of faith, hope and love in the hearts of everyone we met.” – Alisa Wong, LIFE Team member
“My life was enriched beyond words by the fellowship between the team and the work we were able to accomplish.” – Anonymous, LIFE Team member
Love in word and deed
Use your LIFE (Labour, Influence, Finance, Expertise) in a team environment to provide help where it’s needed most. Distribute
food and water after a natural disaster. Train a new pastor in Africa to lead a church. Provide trauma counselling after a calamity. Run medical and dental clinics or care for children in orphanages. It’s all about making the most of your life – your passions, your skills, your expertise – to love people in word and deed.
As a LIFE team member, you’ll work alongside Global Aid Network’s (GAiN) comprehensive Water for Life Initiative and other disaster response, humanitarian aid and development projects. LIFE teams travel throughout the year in Africa, Latin America and Asia. Here are some of the ways you can make the most of your God-given abilities to provide people with the help they desperately need:
- Teach: Help educate people about hygiene and sanitation in their community while sharing about Christ’s cleansing power.
- Heal: As a medical professional, participate in clinics to care for individuals in physical, emotional and psychological pain while introducing them to their true healer, Jesus Christ.
- Plant: Come alongside local pastors and lay leaders to inspire and motivate them to follow-up with new believers and plant new churches.
- Train: Equip pastors and train mature believers to grow in their faith and share the gospel.
- Build: Help construct simple church structures that provide a place for people to meet, worship God and grow in their faith.
- Show: Be involved in JESUS Film showings in villages and communities around the world, inviting interested villagers to discover Jesus.
- Run: Help conduct sports clinics, in partnership with Athletes in Action, to strengthen humanitarian aid initiatives and bridge the cultural gap for the gospel to be received.
- Care: Provide love and support to widows and orphans.
Start today: globalaid.net
Global Aid Network (GAiN) exists to demonstrate the love of God, in word and deed, to hurting and needy people around the world, through relief and development projects.