1. As we enter Ruth chapter four, we find Boaz at the city gates. Why was he there? How did Boaz show integrity in his actions?
2. What responsibilities would the redeemer have? (See Deut. 25:5-10)
3. What does it mean to be redeemed?
4. In the end, who redeemed the property and married Ruth?
5. A kinsman-redeemer is deeply committed to the one who is redeemed. How did Boaz show his commitment and loyalty to Ruth?
6. What choices did Boaz have in this story of redemption? What part did Ruth play? More thoughts...
Both the redeemer and the redeemed have an important role here. Either could have walked away or refused to even consider the possibility that someone could step in to fill that role.
7. Who else is called a redeemer in the Bible? How do you believe he shows his protection and commitment to those he redeems? More thoughts...
You may wish to see these additional verses: Isaiah 60:16; Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 1:18-19.
8. Have there been areas of brokenness, loss or hurt in your life where you have needed a redeemer? More thoughts...
Perhaps someone has stepped in to redeem, or you may still be waiting for that day. Take a moment to talk to God about those areas.
9. What additional thoughts or questions do you have on this study?
10. Please pray for me in these areas: