Lighting a Candle of Hope

Written by Dorothy Brown

by Gail Rodgers

**Is your heart filled with hope? This Christmas season lets consider several journeys which are related to the advent or coming of our Savior.  http://thelife.com/study/adventjourneys.html

Christmas is coming! Loved ones to see, gifts to give, baking to share. We prepare our homes for the celebration. Yet even more important than this outward preparation is the preparation of our heart. The Christmas season is a beautiful time to prepare our hearts, as we prepare our homes, to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus! Take the thought of the candle of HOPE from the traditional Advent Wreath.

Is your heart filled with hope? Do you have a confident expectation of your tomorrow? What happens when the road ahead is filled with loss and stress weighs your shoulders down? When confident expectation in life’s tomorrow dwindles, what can you do? How can you walk in hope when you feel hopeless inside? The God of Hope is your answer.

“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace, as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).

*   Hope for Help
We are invited to come to Him and confidently ask for help. Hebrews 4:16 tells us “to come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in our time of need.”

*   Hope to Overcome
Things that leave one feeling powerless and hopeless come in many forms. With Christ’s strength you can overcome great obstacles. 1 John 5:4 says “and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.”  Faith in Jesus gives hope and help to overcome.

*   Hope for Power
Sometimes in life we find ourselves with a task that simply looks too big for us. We do not just need a cup of God’s strength added to our own; rather we need His strength in us to do what we need to do. He will give it! 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, “My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Seeing our weakness as the entry point of God’s strength gives access to His power!

*   Hope for Eternity
When we put our faith and hope in Jesus, it not only gives us help, strength and power where we walk today but it also gives us hope for life after death. It is a confident expectation of the ultimate “tomorrow”.

The God of Hope sent His Son to be our Savior. He is only one prayer away. If you want the confident expectation of His strength and wisdom in your today and His help and hope for your tomorrow, you need only ask. Just tell Him.

~Dear God,
I have gone my own way and have put my hope in so many things that have disappointed me. Thank you that You sent Jesus, that first Christmas long ago, to be my Savior. I believe He came for me. Forgive me and come into my life today. Show me how to live in the confident expectation of how You can impact my life, my character and my circumstances. I place my hope in You right now and ask You to make Yourself known to me in my life right where I walk. I thank You. I pray this in the name of Jesus, amen.

Questions: Do you have a confident hope for the future?  What happens to your hope when things don’t go as planned? How do you respond when you are faced with a task that seems impossible?

About the Author:  http://talk.thelife.com/authors/gail-rodgers/

37 Responses to “Lighting a Candle of Hope”

• sharonb says:

judyk
    sharon

• Judyk says:

Lord, I lift up this unspoken prayer request for Sharonb’s daughter-in-law. You know the needs. We prayer Your hand will be upon the situation and Your Light will shine through it. Thank you for Sharon’s faith and steadfastness to reach out and ask for prayer. Such love she has. Replenish her. Pour out Your love upon her. THank you, Father. In Jesus’s Name, Amen

• sharonb says:

prayers can change everything. keep my daughtrin law in all of your prayers. may God bless all of you and your faMLIES
    SHARON

• GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES, I PRAY THAT THE LORD HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO YOU. CHRISTMAS IS COMING, I ASK THAT YOU DO NOT LET THE STRESS OF GIFT GIVING OVERWHELM YOU. THIS YEAR (THE YEAR OF COMPLETION IS ENDING) TAKE SOME TIME OUT TO APPRECIATE THE REAL REASON FOR CHRISTMAS….”THE BIRTH AND LIFE OF GOD’S SON JESUS CHRIST. TAKE SOME TIME TO REJOICE AND CELEBRATE IN HIS COMING TO BE OUR SAVIOR. ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND SAY A PRAY TO LET HIM KNOW WE LOVE HIM, WE THANK HIM AND WE PRAISE HIM FOR WHO HE IS IN OUR LIVES AND WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. AND I END THIS WITH …….”GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS LOVES YOU, AND I AND THE GLAZE FAMILY LOVES YOU TO…..IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO PRAY ABOUT, LETS REACH OUT TO ONE ANOTHER AS SISTER’S AND JOIN TOGETHER IN PRAYER AND REACH HEAVEN ON YOUR BEHALF TO WATCH THE HAND OF GOD MOVE. PRAYER CHANGES THINGS AND SO, MOVES THE HAND OF GOD AS LONG AS WE ARE SINCERE IN WHAT WE PRAY AND BELIEVE. “MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU ALL REAL GOOD THIS SEASON…….ROSHELLE

• Fran D. says:

Just came on and checked new comments here, too..And want to say “Ditto” to what ToniG just wrote about LindaR..A beautiful lady inside and out!!..Cherish a photo of her and her little grandson that she shared..and wish all you ladies could see that! Most importantly? Her beautiful light shines for our Lord! Thank you Toni, for the very true comments..And? Chris has a room brightening smile..If we could see Michelle and Sherry know it’d be the same there..Am thinking how valuable we all are that HE did so much for us..And we are created in His beautiful image! Amen!!!

• ToniG says:

LindaR…Just came back up for another sneek peek. I read your comments and Linda you are a beautiful woman. Inside and out. I saw your picture so I know. Just getting and logging on to this site crossing through comcast and then yahoo..visions of Hollywood beauty and then even in the Grocery Store..more pictures. Yesterday’s devotional painted a picture of family in the tradition of what God visions for us. I, was brought to tears as I read and realized my traditions changed. Then the if’s come in and from their the feeling of inadaquecy. Beauty and Love, are mothers and fathers, who I watch on the airplane go on trips to visit family or vacations. Beauty and Love is the first snowfall and the last one in Chicago!!

LindaR, you have been such an encourager on here and a personal friend not forget we are all sister’s and look alike in Jesus. The evil one wants us to feel that way. Terry, supports you and loves you the way you are and how the Lord intended. I, have not been so fortunate in many departments (some because of bad choices). I have heard your voice and the royalty of the English Language you have from your mom and this is so desired. Not, to mention you are, The Queen that belongs to the King of Kings!! Linda, you have blessed us all with words of beauty and lovely nuggets of wisdom. I understand and believe how you feel. The only mirror I have been fousing on, is the one from the Book of James. A man who looks at himself in the mirror .. walks way and forgets what he looks like. What we read and pray, and what we say, reflects his mirror image. “I can’t smile without you Linda” is what the Lord would say. Go to sleep and rest, as another day is waiting for his Linda as you will again serve the Lord by serving others. In his perfect peace..ToniG

• Marilyn says:

Lord Jesus, I lift up dear sister, Linda R, to You tonight, asking that You hold Your mirror up to her, that she would see Your reflection in it! She is radiant with the beauty of Your Spirit, and Your love flows from her heart and through her words of encouragement to others! Remind her, I pray, how very precious she is to You, and to those of us who are so blessed by her! Grant her the contentment of being ‘the prettiest’ and ‘the smartest’ in Your eyes!! And, dear Lord, comfort her sorrowful heart as she nears the birthdate of her late daughter. You understand her loss — may Your grace cover her still-grieving heart, and bind up her broken spirit! I pray this in the blessed name of Jesus, Amen!

• Sherry says:

Oh my, self esteem is at a premium. I too have the same issues. Yuk. In the Nov. 21st devotional I wrote a bunch of verses down for self esteem, and we should remind ourselves every day of their truths. Please go back and check them out.
    Thanks Fran for your kind words of encouragement.
    Until next time
    Sherry

• ToniG says:

Maia..I am praying for blood clot. Hopefully, you are on Heparin?? Thank the Lord they found it. I pray for you to be a good patient and rest. I know the doctor bills mount up and the worry to pay. Give it all to Jesus, even the bills, pray and stay strong. Resting in bed or on a chair, knowing your is there right with you. Stay connected to this prayer line and the inspiring writings and encouraging fellowship here is heaven.

Michelle, I can’t even spell or the comma’s??? You just come as you are like me. I slept with two stuffed sheep the other night and how is that for someone 55! Yes, Our Father is alway’s waiting for us no matter what age to cling as with the innocence and love as his child. Love In Jesus ToniG

• Linda R says:

Hi Michelle & Chris, I too have & still do struggle with low self esteem. I have ever since I was very,very young. I was always the tallest in the class and all through my life & adult life have felt I was very overweight. Unfortunately now I am partly due to the great variety of medications I am on due to my chronic pain and depression. Generally I am fine one on one but bring more people in to the room and I totally clam up or just leave. I really wish I wasn’t like this but I don’t know I guess I have always just felt everyone else is smarter, Prettier, or whatever than me. I am so Blessed to Have a husband who loves me and stands beside my even through all my illnesses. So Michelle & Chris you are not alone. Hugs Linda

• ToniG says:

Hi My Glory Girls and Gail…I am SPEECHLESS!! Ask Sherry, that is hard for me. Your prayers and concerns have made this the biggest, GIFT, beside Jesus, that I have ever received. The bond and growth is between all of us is an amazing miracle in itself.

Dori, I, am so sorry for you and your daughter. Agreeing with hearts in prayer with the rest of our ladies. May your faith in Jesus give you strength and power to get you through. I am praying for your daughter, as she has her heart and hands full. Gail, mentioned the entry point..the door. I, stopped at those words, as we forget when we admit like you and ask Jesus and others to come along side to get through in weakness, there we will find Our strength. The entry door into the infinite wisdom of God!

Oh Dori, I am just going to pray with you right now as the Holy Spirit will lead all of us and you included. Father God, we come before you with Dori, as we want to glorify you in all we do even in turmoil. Lord, I ask that as we stand at the entrance, that you will be with us, as we go through, the many doors that life holds. Please, Father, Dori’s daughter needs some help. Let her husband find work and something that he will have a divine passion to do. Father, just as the men were gifted with the Holy Spirit to build the arc of the covenant to the perfect thread of a curtain..let him be empowered and ask for your help by your Holy Spirit! Father, we are powerless and would have been hopeless if it weren’t for you. Jesus, your body became the whole package of sacrifice that died to give us life. Perfect in every way to make the way for the hurting, lost and downright point of giving up on life itself. You, Lord, can take this family and bring healing and help. Father, we take these innocent young children and their loving parents and ask for a miracle of your divine wisdom. Open the eyes to their hearts Lord, let them see your mighty works and there is no other God but you that can answer anything and everything. Dori, as we lift you and your family up to the King of Kings..Jesus of Nazareth..Holy Light of the World..may he bless you all beyond belief. Father, I thank you for the power of prayer and most of all your answers as you paint and put together the fabric of our lives, which can only be found in you as we look forward to seeing eternity and dwell within your paradise called heaven. I pray for all these ladies again and again as we rejoice in your love for us! Bless these children Lord!

Father, I ask that Liz have another day of peace and find comfort in Judy, her beloved sister in you, Jesus. I pray for her children and husband as they know mommy is sick. Tears, that you Lord, feel, and wipe as this grieves you too Lord. Oh Lord, Judy, has her own personal ailment..give her strength and rest so she continues to minister to Liz through baking, laughing, talking and sharing your promises.

Continued prayer for Bill as he faces the loss of his health and all the medication. By your stripes we are healed from inward and outward. I pray for Terry, that he gets his strength to use arm again. Patti, our miracle girl, Chris, my early morning prayer warrior. Oh Jesus, we all have sorrows..comfort us as we believe and take you at your word.

Father, I thank you for all of our lives no matter how dark it get’s, it is only then, can we see the stars. Thank you Jesus..Love TonG and your Glory Girls!!

• JoyB says:

Amen Fran!!

• Fran D. says:

Chris…

Am so proud of you for reaching out to Michelle about self esteem..and you are both SOOOO worthy..along with the rest of us..because you are His Daughters!! Loved your encouragement!!! And? Proud of you for going to seek some earthen assistance to sort through those past things and have a bright promising future. Amen. HE will bless in and through that process! We all treasure you and Michelle both!! You are loved by HIM and by us!!

• Chris says:

MICHELLE
    I TOO SUFFER FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM. THOU IT IS ALOT BETTER NOW THEN IT WAS 12 YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST MOVED INTO MY PRESENT APARTMENT. AFTER COMING OUT OF A BAD RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE WHO ABSUSED I REALLY HAD TO LEARN TO TELL MY SELF THAT I WASN’T THE PERSON HE TOLD ME I WAS. I WAS BETTER THEN THAT. I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN TO THE POINT THAT I CAN LOOK MYSELF IN THE MIRROR KNOWING I AM WORTH NOT ONLY GODS LOVE BUT OTHER PEOPLES AS WELL. I STILL SOMETIMES SUGGLE WITH LOVING MYSELF BUT I AM GOING TO START SEEING SOMEONE AND WORK ON ALL THESE ISSUSE LIKE SELF LOVE AND ANGER.
    LOVE TO ALL HERE ON THE BLOG
    AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

• Michelle says:

Maia, Patti, Dori, and all, I too lift you all up in prayer. It is hard to want to “fix” things for people, as I so often do, so I offer up prayers in His holy name for each of you.
    WOW…this devotional spoke loud and clear to me today, as one of the main things I have given up on through my ordeals of the past few months is hope. I struggle with my self esteem and often don’t feel worthy of His mercy, or His help. But I know He wants me to have hope and to trust Him.

• Fran D. says:

ToniG..Loved the words from JudyK and Linda R above..and this thought ran through my head as I read! His birth was a miracle that Christmas..And HE “births” those miracles around this clebration time, too..Loved what Linda wrote in another comment about their hearts being “softened” and our Lord does that especially at this precious time of year..We will all stand in agreement..She’s right, too! NOTHING is too hard for God, Jeremiah 32:17..And Luke 18:27..The things impossible with man are more than possible with HIM.. His Word is powerful and we pray these strong verses over all these circumstances above…Amen!!!

We stand in agreement, also with JudyK, for the miracle with Liz, Dori’s daughter and family, and Maia’s clot dissolved and gone in JESUS powerful name..and for extroridanry provision for all of these and Ann Davis’ new ministry …Jehoveh Jireh will do it!!! Amen!

• JoyB says:

I will join everyone in prayer for dori’s daughter, I know the anguish felt for children in a storm, praying for hope for the family this Christmas season. Also will pray for Maia, to be well and back to work soon.

I believe this is the first year I have really felt the hope that Jesus brings us at Christmas. Until I read all of yesterday’s devotions I never even thought of baking a birthday cake!! Would love to try that this year, but it may just be candles on my pumpkin pie for the grandchildren!!

I believe Patti is needing our prayers today!!

• Judyk says:

Thank you, dear Gail, for another daily devotional which speaks to our hearts. The Holy Spirit is felt so strongly in you and resonants through your written words we read. As Fran said, you hit another one out of the ballpark. There is always a lot there to teach us and guide us in our life and daily walk. Thank you for your beautiful and heart felt prayer for Dori’s daughter and family. I, too, join in agreement in prayer and claim Matthew 18:19 & 19 ..that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is heaven. For where two or three have gathered in My name, there I am in their midst.”

Dori, my heart went out to you and to your daughter and family as I read their situation. Yes, we will hold them up in prayer, and you,too, for as Patti wrote a mother’s heart hurts when her child suffers.
    Maia, I, too, lift you up in prayer. Jesus, I pray for Maia’s blood clot to dissolve, for the swelling to go down, and health restored to her body. Give her wisdom, Lord, and let her see opportunities in regard to her financial situation. In Your Name I pray. Amen
    I know you wrote about not having extra money for Christmas. Read yesterday’s responses to the devotional. There was a lot of sharing of how to celebrate when money is scarce.

Toni, do you have an old computer you can give your mom? Teach her how to email. My mom is 79 and she is now emailing and sending forwards to her friends. I pray for your brother and mother and their healing, not only for them physically, but also emotionally for your whole family to be restored. Reach out and invite them to come to your mother’s for Christmas with you. THey might not come, but then again it just might be what they need to hear. I know Christ’s love shines through you. Let it shine on them. Tell them you love them and you miss them. Encourage them to come see their momma and brother . . . that it might be the last time all of are together. Tell them no gifts. The gift will be their “presence”. The Glory Girls can pray for this to work out. Let us know when you are going to talk to your sisters and we can be praying and preparing the way. This is what your mother needs. Your brother, too. And you.

Concerning the questions asked today:

Do you have a confident hope for the future?
    My answer is “Yes!” My hope is in Jesus.

What happens to your hope when things don’t go as planned?
    Well, I have been facing that situation these past 6 years. We’re in a new area. Five hour drive from where we used to live and where we grew up. I had a stroke, had to quit teaching, I no longer can drive long distances, and the past year I was diagnosed with lupus. Jesus has been and is my Mainstay. Phillipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Proverbs 3:5 & 6- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will guide your path.

How do you respond when you are faced with a task that seems impossible?

Take it to the Lord. Yes, pray . . .ask others to pray.

My husband and I are doing a property project—something we’ve never done before. We are developing 3 acres of land into 3 home sites on top of ridge. We had a road pushed in part of the way this August/September. Had hydro-seeding done to help prevent erosion and then we had a rain and wind storm two days this week. Great abundance of water came down in 2 days. Lots of flooding in the NW. We did what we could by ditching, but we had to pray a LOT, that God would keep our road safe and it would not all slide away.
    There are times when all you can do is pray.

I remember someone saying one time . . . . work as it depends upon you, but pray as it depends upon the Lord.

Have a great day, Glory Girls. Blessings to you.

• Donna says:

Good Morning Dear Ones,
    Joining the others praying for Maia and your daughter and her family Dori. Lord I pray that each person affected by these circumstances would know your love and care. Father, please make your presence known to them and give them hope. I pray Lord that you would use these very hard situations for your glory….In your precious and holy name, Amen

Sherry,
    Love this scripture in Hebrews. I have verse 19 underlined in my bible “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” Oh, what a promise!!! Thanks for the reminder dear one.

Have a glorious day filled with hope and looking forward to what is yet to come. Love you all GG’s

• Linda R says:

Dear Dori I too want you to know that my heart just aches for you as only it can for a mother is to see her children and grandchildren suffer so. Lord I just bring Dori and her daughter, her husband and their family to you right now, Jesus we just ask For A Miracle to take place in this Home. Lord we know that You are The Great Physician and that there is Nothing that is Impossible ‘for You so In Jesus Name We Just Pray Healing Over This Family, both physically and also we ask that you would supply a good job for her husband as he needs employment. We just Thank You Lord Jesus In Faith Believing . Amen & Amen ! Hugs & Prayers, Linda

• Shirley says:

Hello to all this day, what a wonderful devotional, that helps us in our daily christian race. My prayers are also
    with Dori, her daughter, children, and husband. God is faithful to those he calls into fellowship with his son, Jesus. Help is not on the way it is already there, for he
    is nigh thee, in our heart, in our mouth. We just stand to
    gether in prayer, agreeing, asking and touching that God
    will manifest the needed miracles in their situation , Maia
    situation, and all that is in desperate need. Thank God for
    Jesus who is our lively hope, in him, through him, and by him all blessings flow. I thank God for his Holy Spirit that
    helps us when we need it, he also reminds us of what the
    Father has already spoken to us. I don’t know what all the
    future may hold for me and my family but I do know who holds
    our future in his hands, along with us. My life belongs to
    him, it is for his purpose and for his glory. I can truly
    say with confidence, “I can do all things through Christ
    that strenghten me”, Praise and glory to God forever and
    ever Amen! Glory Girls have a wonderful day in the Lord for
    this is the day that the Lord has made and Shirley will
    rejoice in it and be glad, please join me in doing so.
    all blessings

• Tracy B. says:

Tanks so much for reminding me that christmas is not all about celebration but a time to also acknownledge the fact that CHRIST our SAVIOUR is the reason for the celebrations and season so our hearts must be prepared and filled with joy for His love upon our lives.
    I LOVE U 4 REMINDING ME.
    THANKS ONCE MORE.

• Fran D. says:

Dori…All holding your precious daughter to the throneroom this day…Your beautiful sharing puts all in perspective..This a loving, caring group here..And prayers will go up for her all over this world! We love you and in agreement with you!!!

Sherry..You are already a beautiful addition here and the things you just shared precious! Thank you so much!

• dee says:

In the Name Of Jesus I lift up Dori and her family in their special circumstances…God can and God will!!Be Blessed all,dee

• Sherry says:

Ladies,I had to return and share Turning Points devotional with you.Heb.6: 13-20. v13 For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself,, 14 saying, “I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply you.” 15 And thus, Having patiently waited, he obtained the promise. 16 For men swear by one greater than themselves, and with them an oath given as confirmation is an end of every dispute. 17 In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath, 18 in order that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we many have strong encouragement, we who have fled for refuge in laying hold of the hope set before us. 19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, 20 where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. WOW.
    Also, a few years ago I found this really neat article called “The Bethlehem Miracle A Testimony to God’s Faithfulness” you can go to the web page and get it www. lamblion.com go to the articles and hit the first coming prophesy. Hope you love it.
    Sherry

• Sherry says:

WOW! I am so blessed to have had a friend lead me to this sight, that would be our original Glory Girl, Toni. Today the message of hope which allows us to hang on in the storm “for the joy set before Him endured the cross” Heb.12:2. We are His joy, shall we not hope in Him?
    Gail, this was wonderful and I am printing it to have it on hand in my bible. How true, His grace is sufficient,and you were so wise to include the last portion of that scripture,”for My strength is made perfect in weakness”. I am weak all the time, and I don’t want to be anywhere but where He can give me strength. I believe all of you feel this way. Gail Thank you again, for this inspiring devotional.
    All of you women inspire me, whether in trial or comments or prayers, thank you girls, and I as well pray for you and the trials you or loved ones are facing. Dori, there are no words to understand what your daughter is battling with, I in agreement with all will be praying and Maia and Donna, Chris,Patti,Linda,Diane,Fran, ALL of you and our devotional leaders Gail and others.
    I love you women
    GG Sherry

• Ann Davis says:

Oh my God Dori, I too lift your daughter and her family up before the Lord. I join Gail and the others ladies in prayer. Your problems seems so small compared to others. God bless you and hold on to God’s unchanging hand.

• Fran D. says:

Dearest Gail..Thank you and we join you in prayers for Dori..And ask the Lord to bring in blessings from North, South, East and West to meet this family’s needs..And Maia and family, too..We know HE IS ABLE! And thank YOU, Gail, for hitting another “homerun” straight out of the Ballpark with this devotional! We are big baseball fans here at our home..and we equate things to it!!..Soooo many will be blessed by your faithful, anointed writings.
    Our weaknesses minimize with His unbelievable strength..And He truly is our Joy and Peace as we trust in Him!!! Romans 15:13 is powerful..And, dear ladies, set another place at your tables with each holiday celebration for His Holy Spirit which gets us through every challenge in this life…He’s there at those times and with us when we Rejoice, too, and our most honored guest..Invite Him in daily! Praise YOU, Lord!!
    Each year we celebrate the Nativity and the unbelievable gifts that came with Him as He entered in as a tiny baby! Here? We leave the small Nativy on our foyer out all year long..So we can appreciate the “Christmas” He gives us every day..and we “see” and are encouraged in our going out and coming back in!!
    Ladies, let’s lift Gail and this precious devotional staff especially during this Holiday Season..They have the same things to do as us..And, yet still leave us daily readings to make our days better! Bless them.
    And bless all of you during this beautiful, but busy time, too…May your days be full of Him as we travel towards that Star during this Precious Season..Some carrying heavy burdens, all of us with challenges..But all of us with His Hope and blessed with fellowship here, too! Thank you, dear Father!!

• Patti says:

Dearest Dori…I join Gail and all the other ladies in prayer for your daughter and for you, also Dori. Nothing seems to bring more pain than seeing your child suffer. Know we are lifting your daughter and you up to His Throne.

• Dianne says:

I read the first sentence as “Christ is coming!” God, please bless all those who are struggling or suffering today. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.

• maia says:

Patti;
    Thank you so much for the prayers, my prayers are with you also, I know the holidays are hard for those who have lost loved ones but how wonderful it is to have the hope of knowing we will be with them again someday!!!have a blessed day!

• Gail Rodgers says:

Father in Heaven,
    My heart is touched this morning by the deep needs Dori’s daughter is facing. Father, You alone can come into her presence this morning and bring hope to her heart. We join this mother in asking for Your grace to flow to this mom who faces so many challenges.

Open doors of help to them today…. doors to provide wisdom and physical aid for the health needs of the children.

Open doors of friendship for this family and fresh support to come along side of them.

Open financial doors for them and provide for their needs in amazing ways.

Father God, please open a door of opportunity for her husband so that he might find work that would provide for them and would bring blessing into his life.

Together we push back, in the powerful name of Jesus, the darkness that wants to overwhelm this family. We ask for Your light and Your truth to penetrate their circumstances, their minds and their hearts with fresh hope and help.

May they know, without a shadow of a doubt, that You have heard their cry for hope, that You see their needs and that You answer prayer.

We join together in asking this is the strong name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, amen.

May each one of you ladies be blessed today in a special way as you pray for one another and as you model God’s strength to those who come here. You are a blessing to me.

Warmly,
    Gail

• Dori says:

Good Morning,
    Thanks you for the reminder of our HOPE! I forwarded this devotion on to my daughter who is going through some really tough times. Husband no work for 5 months, Autistic daughter with seizures, 2 children who are legally blind another with lupus. Her hope is low so my prayer is this will encourage her.

God Bless you in your work!
    Dori

• Patti says:

What a beatiful devotion today and how it touched my heart! Oh yes, Gail, 2nd Corinthians 12:9 is one I have hung onto in times of turmoil and when I felt I didn’t have hope. It was in those times that the Lord gave me just the measure of grace to hang on to that hope, which is only in Him.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my dear mother’s death…and it is thru Jesus, my hope and her trust in Him, that I will see her one day again…

He gives me hope, when none be found and strength when there is none. I praise His Name, O Holy One!

Dearest Maia……I will be praying for you, your health and all that concerns your heart. I know these other “Glory Girls” will be lifting you up to the Holy Throne of God, for he is our Hope, our Healer, Sustainer and the only one that can truly give us Pure Peace…..God Bless you…..

• maia says:

Goodmorning Ladies,
    It has been awhile since I have read the devotions, I have spent this morning catching up and they were all so needed…this mornings devotion was much needed, I have been confined to the bed for the last week with a bloodclot in my leg and have been unable to work, and I have to say I have been pretty down and out with the pressure of not working and bills and of coarse christmas…
    But readin todays devotion and Gods word has lifted me what a wonderful gift he has given us HOPE!!!
    Lord, you know our hearts and the things each of us face in life, please give us direction to fallow your steps, and thank you for hope, what a wonderful gift!!Amen

• Chris says:

I FIND I ALWAYS HAVE HOPE. WHEATHER IT BE HOPE FOR SOMETHING I WANT OR HOPE FOR THE FUTURE.

• Donna says:

Hi Everyone,
    I love what Gail said about preparing our hearts for the Christmas season….is my heart filled with hope? I would like to say yes, always!! But the truth is that there are times when I can be blinded by my circumstances. I have felt powerless, some things are beyond my control. But, thankfully God is in control and my part is to trust Him. So my confident hope is in Jesus. The one who goes before me and is my strength. I can’t tell you how many times recently the verse from 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficent for you…has been brought to my attention. Maybe God is trying to tell me something!!! Anyway, I thank God that he sent Jesus, that he is my saviour, and that I have a future beyond this earthly place. I pray that many will know that truth over this Christmas season. Bless you dear GG’s. Love to you all….