Recipe for Peace, Joy and Victory

Written by M. Larson

Are you tired of a defeated Christian life?  Take this Study.

Join us for our Daily Devotional Chat today in our Women’s Chatroom at 10:30 am EDT.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).

How can we have love, peace, joy, and victory in our lives? Well, God’s Word tells us to be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). And when we are filled with the Spirit, we not only have love, peace, and joy, we have the beautiful qualities of patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). We can be filled with the Spirit, and continue to be so by following these Scriptural instructions:

Repent:
Of anything–actions, attitudes, words, bad habits–anything that might stand between you and the peace and joy of the Lord.  True acknowledgment of sin and sorrow over it releases its hold over you and your life. (See James 4:8-10)

Surrender To God:
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in views of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifice, holy and please to God—which is your spiritual worship. Do not conform any
longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12:1-2).

Ask God’s Forgiveness Whenever You Err:
To keep Christ’s peace and joy, don’t ever let anything come between you and Him. (See 1 John 1:9)

Forgive:
God, Yourself, Others:  Ask the Lord to reveal to you if there is anyone who has ever done you ill whom you need to forgive; and with His help, forgive that person. Do
this to exorcise the ghosts in your past that may rise up periodically to haunt you and hurt your life and relationships.  Do this to have peace with God, yourself, and others.  (See Luke 11:4, Mark 11:25-26, Ephesians 4:32.)

Trust In The Lord In Everything:
Be anxious about nothing (Philippians 4:4-8).

Begin Your Day By Rejoicing In The Lord praising and thanking Him (Psalm 34:1).  Enjoy life to the fullest!  Report to the Lord for duty each morning, willing to serve Him however He may wish, in whatever He may want to do through you, in ministering to others, in being His light to your world.

Whenever Something Gets You Down, Praise The Lord (even and especially when you don’t feel like it).  This will lift you out of the dungeon of despair (Acts 16:25-26).  It worked for Paul and Silas; and it works for me every time!

Control Your Thoughts:
Bring every thought into obedience to Christ (1 Corinthians 10:5). Be on guard against our enemy Satan and his devious devices.  Study Ephesians 4:26-5:11, Ephesians 6:10-18; 1 Peter 5:8.

Serve The Lord:
He has given you a gift or gifts–and talents–with which to serve Him, His
people, and others for His glory.  Seek His guidance.

Read:
Psalms 23, 34, 37, 51; Matthew 5 to 7; John 14 to 17; Romans 6, 7, 8, and 12; Galatians 5; Book of Ephesians; Philippians 4–until you fully understand what it is to die to self and walk in
the Spirit.

Memorize: Psalms 23 and 34; Proverbs 3:5-8; Isaiah 26:3; Matthew 6:9-15, 31-33; Luke 10:17; John 10:27-28; Romans 5:8, 6:11; 8:18, 28; 10:9-13; 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 10:13, 31; 2 Corinthians 1:3-5, 12:9-10; Galatians 2:20, 4:7, 6:2; Ephesians 2:8-10, 4:32, 6:10-18; Philippians 1:6, 3:13-14, 4:4-8, 11, 13; Colossians 3:2-3; 2 Timothy 1:7, 12; Hebrews 4:15-16; 1 John 1:9, 4:4, 18-21.

Lord, give me your incredible joy, peace, and victory! Amen

Questions: We’re only human. How can we consistently have Christ’s joy, peace, and victory? How can we find time to do all the things we need to do to have Christ’s joy and peace?

About the Author Muriel Larson

9 Responses to “Recipe for Peace, Joy and Victory”

• Trisha says:

Thanks for the reminder of the “tools” we believers have been given to keep our peace and joy. Anytime i start feeling tormented over something, i know it’s the tormenter himself trying to get me anxious and scared. The “little me” feels rejected, alone and scared has to be comforted by the Holy Spirit. Right now my car is still in the shop and it might cost me hundreds of dollars to fix it. B/c i’ve practiced over and over again what the scriptures say to do, i can still process all these decisions in peace. i SO won’t allow the tormentor to steal it. i say outloud, “My Father knows all about this, i’m His daughter, He loves me and He already knows the outcome and He will tell me what to do and He will supply all my needs according to his riches and glory through Christ Jesus the LORD” And then i go about my business. i thought i was going to have to take the bus home yesterday when another coworker came in to the office and offered me a ride home. i’m not going to let fear come between me and my Heavenly Father.

• Shelley Anderson says:

What do i do?
    I Obey, Seek, Love, Have Faith. Have Hope.

• denise says:

dear Dr. Muriel,

thank you so much for answering!!!
    i understand what you meant now!!!
    i have just been raised to analize everything… and question something when i have doubts. but thank you again for clearing that up for me!

i was reading the other comments and how interesting to see that i have been studying the fruit of the Spirit as well.
    and my mother encouraged my sister and i to memorize pr. 3:5-6
    isnt amazing how God works in our lives?

thank you for all the encouragements!!!

• Judy D says:

Awesome devotional this morning, Dr. Muriel!
    In my daily prayer, I always read and pray for the fruit of the Spirit to be seen in my life (Galatians 5:22 & 23) and Co. 3:12. I repeat those verses out loud or to myself. I love the list of scriptures to memorize. After my stroke, all my memorization was wiped away. They only scripture that came to me was Proverbs 3: 5 &6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not onto your own circumstances; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight”. I repeated it. I claimed, even when I was paralyzed and could not talk. I now am able to speak and work out, lifting weights, plus I am able to do push-ups and planks. I had my 9 year anniversary of my stroke May 30th.

Nancy, loved what your wrote about the Gardener! :-

Hey, Sisters in Christ, have a grand day and let the Lord shine through each of us.
    Blessings to you all!

• Thank you for your comments on my article, ladies.
    And Denise, I appreciate your observation about the matter of our forgiving God–but here is how it applies: Many people are angry at God for various things, so even while He doesn’t need forgiveness for anything, it would do them good to “forgive” God in their hearts and stop holding a grudge against Him. Thus they can come through to the realization that He doesn’t need our forgiveness for anything. It’s a matter of their getting right with the Lord, for nothing can be accomplished until we do that.

• Barbara says:

Muriel, This is a great devotional today….been doing a bible studuy this past week on the “Fruit of the Spirit” and todays devotional coinsides with such.

You asked: How can we find time to do all the things we need to do to have Christ’s joy and peace? My answer: We need to learn how to “let go” of the “things of this world” that keep us way toooo busy…

We must….”Be still and know that I am God” ALSO I love what Nancy said, “Abide in Me”…I’m declaring it’s gonna be a great day today!

• La says:

I think it means not holding grudges against God, possibly? And letting “things” go, and accepting them as God’s plan (let go and let God). God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to fully understand Him. I think it’s more about “allowing” Him rather than “forgiving” Him. But I didn’t write the devotional! :) Have a great day. :)

• denise says:

i just want to make sure i missunderstood something.
    on the parte where it says Forgive: God, yourself, others…
    we don’t forgive God.
    i’m just making sure i didnt understand what was being said!
    other than that… i agree, we need to make God a part of our everyday lives, because that’s where God is at work the most i believe!!!

• Nancy says:

“Abide in Me” … the Vine can only give Good from what the root derives from the Good Soil and the Care of the Gardener.
    Time that is needed to DO all, in order to have Christ’s joy and peace …. “Abide in Me” …. that’s the DOING …. God’s Word – His Promise trusted – that yields the “how” … HE does it.