Do you crave destiny? (Part 1)

Written by Darren Hewer

Do you crave destiny? Have you experienced failure in the last month? The last week? Today?

Sometimes you know deep down God has something amazing He wants to do in your life … but it still seems elusive. Your life seems to lack destiny … and aimlessness can sometimes lead to apathy and lack of purpose. But you were not made for these things; you were made for hope.

In this video author Erwin McManus explores some of the ideas found in his book, Soul Cravings. Here he focuses on what destiny is all about, and how you have been designed for hope. We encourage you to watch, and explore our Soul Cravings website if you’re interested in learning more.

>> Watch part 2 of this video here

Do you identify with longing for destiny? Have you ever considered that God created you for a purpose, and wants you to discover and live out that purpose? Feel free to contact us by email or comment below if you’d like to share your thoughts.

19 Responses to “Do you crave destiny? (Part 1)”

• Thanks for an excellent video clip. – Much appreciated.

It was in 1987 (aged 44 years) that I felt the direction of my life really had changed. Changed that is from being in a printing and paper business to that of doing research into Bible measures and measures of Ancient architecture. I refer to this as “Number Form Follows Measurement Function” or Measurement Function Follows Number Form.”

In 1992 whilst pressing some keys on my pocket calculator I felt what could only be described as invisible oil pouring down over my left hand and fingers and over the calculator. This lasted only about one minute but it was a very profound spiritual experience.

And this supernatural event encouraged to be to continue with my simplistic number crunching. And so over 23 years (8,460 days) after 1987, in March this year I should have completed my own simplistic Biblical unified theory, with the first section called, “The CROSS Conspiracy”.

And I agree that hope for the soul is like water for the body.

Thanks
    John D. Miller

• Sylvia says:

Hope is a powerful thing.

When you’ve been so far down and looked up and saw the bottom… then it becomes vitally aware the necessity of hope.

Faith is the substance of things HOPED for…

Interesting where hope fits in, in that sentence, isn’t it?

• eric says:

I should go to the bible whenever I doubt I need hope and applyy faith and less worry

What parts of the Bible do you go to when you need hope Eric?

• eric says:

The famous Romans and ephesians some im scared to read and i know its not from god to fear but its intense when i read revelation but what gave me hope in revelations is ” THEY DID NOT DEFILE THEMSELVES WITH WOMEN THEY KEPT PURE ETC” SO YEA and i PRAY GODS WILL

• Nalini Ramakrishnan says:

Its really good.and its strength me.

• Sharon says:

thank you for the article i am in that place now i long for what God has for me i want to serve HIM full time but what i am longing what i know God has a plan for me but i don’t see it

• Brian Davis says:

Thank you! Awesome!
    Hope is powerful!
    If we truly have hope because we know God is with us than we can be at peace!
    If we are at peace because we know, Hope (Jesus) LIVES in us. we can release Hope to others!

• Sharon says:

thank you brian davis hope is powerful

• Catrina says:

Wow, wow! Everything he said in that little clip, defined everything I have been feeling for a year. It brought me to tears. I don’t know what more to do or say.

Hi Catrina, I am so glad you could relate to what Erwin was talking about. What did he say that you connected with? Have you had a chance to watch the second part of this series? http://powertochange.com/blogposts/2012/05/28/do-you-crave-destiny-part-2 What did you think of what he says in that one?

• Catrina says:

@Jamie. Hi thank you for the reply. There is not one peritcular part that jump out at me, the whole clip did! It’s my life in a nutshell in a two minute clip. Every word he said is how I have felt since I have been able to understand God. I did watch part two and it was no different it has opened my eyes. I had to buy the book. Thank you again, I pray I get the answers I need.

That is great Catrina, I hope you find answers as well. Let me pray for you: Lord God I pray for Catrina as she works through these ideas about purpose and destiny in life. I pray that she would hear and understand Your voice in her life and would be able to follow what You have purposed for her. Create in her the greatness that she feels is there but keeps missing or falling short of. Guide her steps, in Jesus’ name, amen.

• Catrina says:

@Jamie. Thank you for the prayer I received it . Thank you.

• Chris Landwerlen says:

catrina…feel free to share what answers you are looking for. we know that jesus words will give us the solutions! blessings!

• shubham awasthi says:

its really good.hope is a power full think.

• Kathryn Kathryn says:

Hi Shubham, Yes, hope is a good and powerful thing but I would like to add that it depends what our hope is in. I know this video was only a clip, a short sentence or two in a powerful talk about the true meaning of life but it’s important to remember that it is because of Jesus that we can have real hope and purpose in our lives. If not then our hope rets on flimsy things that have little or no substance. Would you agree with that or not? Bless you and may our gracious God give you wisdom and discernment as you search for hope.

• zoomdots says:

trust is vital

• Aldo says:

Zoomdots, you are absolutely right. Trust is vital. Also vital is the knowledge that God has His “fingerprint” on your life. How much more encouraging can it get?